Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A little bit of Green


I thought I’d take a little break from crafty stuff and show you something else that I have made.  Not so much wool and thread but still creative in its own way.


Of late it has seemed that everywhere I look there are terrariums here and there.  I can’t seem to go on Pinterest without seeing something up cycled into a terrarium.  The below pictures I have been drooling over.


I love the odd assortment of different size jars. Link can be found here.

I love this container! It's so different to what else is out there.
Link can be found here.

I love the simplicity of this one.  Just a jar full of moss but it's still so pretty.
Link can be found here.

So I took it as a sign and decided that I was going to give it a go, with the ever present helping hands of Little O.


I already had a fish bowl vase that I knew would be perfect, all I need was to gather some supplies.  A little soil here, some pebbles there, and a lovely little expedition trip into the garden to find plants that we could use.  In the end we decided that some moss, miniature mondo grass and baby tears would suit our little vase.

And here is the final product...





It sits in our entrance way and Little O looks at it every day proudly.  He does get very excited when it’s time to water it (which we have had to limit the amount of times we do this otherwise it truly will end up like a fish bowl full of water).

Fingers crossed we are able to keep it alive J

Anna
XO

1 comment:

  1. It's so beautiful. I love it. May have to make one for my kitchen bench.

    ReplyDelete